Monday, July 8, 2013

Rain, Rain and more Rain!

Well I guess I have been absent for long enough.  This spring has been quite a challenge for us on the farm.  It has been an extremely wet and challenging this season thus far.  We were hit by  hail, and rain after rain after rain.  Our veggies our pulling through and we should be opening very soon. 

I have talked to many people who have small backyard gardens and they have been very happy with the weather because they don't have to water their gardens....good for them...not so good for us.  We have large equipment to try and drag through the fields and with all this rain, well...it's not going anywhere but down in the mud.   I think we have been stuck more already this year than in past 5 years...maybe more!

We are cleaning, painting and getting the market ready to open.   I like to move furniture, so I'm sure I will be moving the benches in the market to new spots...and maybe move them again...that's what I do!  

So watch for signs of movement and you'll know we'll be opening soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment